- Industry News
- Structural composition of spc floor
Structural composition of spc floor
Stone plastic composite vinyl flooring is considered to be an upgraded version of engineered vinyl flooring. SPC rigid flooring is set apart from other types of vinyl flooring by its uniquely resilient core layer. This core is made from a combination of natural limestone powder, polyvinyl chloride, and stabilizers. This provides an incredibly stable base for each flooring plank. You can’t tell that is what’s inside these floors once they’re installed. The floors look like any other engineered vinyl floors, with the core completely hidden underneath.
Each plank of SPC rigid vinyl flooring is constructed with the following layers:
* UV layer: Can play the role of anti-pollution and effective absorption of ultraviolet rays, enhance wear resistance, delay product aging and easy cleaning
* Wear layer: This transparent layer is at the top. It provides resistance to scratches and stains and is easy to keep clean.
* Color films layer: This layer provides the decoration for the plank. Colors and patterns are printed onto the vinyl.
* SPC core layer: This is the dense, waterproof core for the plank made of natural limestone powder, polyvinyl chloride, and stabilizers. It provides rigidity and stability for the plank.
* Pre-attached underpad: This layer is generally made from IXPE or EVA foam, which provides sound insulation and cushioning.
The spc floor makes the interior decoration more luxurious, especially the material of the spc floor is environmentally friendly, zero formaldehyde, waterproof, flame retardant and simple installation. It has become more and more popular in recent years.